Administrative Assistant Resume Example
Here’s a sample resume example of an administrative assistant resume. This sample resume example is provided courtesy of Quest Outplacement, a firm that provides outplacement services to job seekers nationwide.
As you develop your administrative assistant resume, be sure it includes keywords relevant to the type of position you are targeting. To develop a keyword list, review two or three job postings for positions that interest you. Identify keywords that appear in these job postings to develop your keyword list.
Most employers use software applications that allow them to automatically search for resumes using a keyword matching feature. To help you do well with these automated initial screening tools used by most employers, incorporate your keyword list into your administrative assistant resume bullets.
Administrative Assistant Resume:
456 1st Avenue
Any City, Any State 12345
H: 123-456-7890 W: 123-789-1234
To obtain a senior administrative assistant position that utilizes my 9 years of office management experience in the electrical, HVAC, plumbing, and refrigeration contracting industry.
Office Manager, January 1991 – Present.
ABC Electric, Any City, Any State
An electrical, HVAC, plumbing, and refrigeration contracting firm serving commercial and residential customers.
- Reporting to the President, responsible for managing day-to-day operations of this 38-employee, $4.5 million company.
- Contributed to growing the company from a staff of 8 to the present staff of 38 employees.
- Interact with customers and outside contractors such as ABC, XYZ, and AAA Construction to schedule work as well as to understand and resolve problems.
- Assign work to field personnel including electricians, service personnel, installers, job foreman and pipe fitters.
- Track the progress and job costs of multiple projects taking place in an 8-state area.
- Use Peachtree for billing all jobs in the electrical and refrigeration divisions, posting payments and receipts, and processing payroll on a weekly basis.
- Prepare quarterly state reports for unemployment taxes, quarterly federal reports for balancing payroll taxes, and an annual withholding reconciliation for each state the company does business in.
- Write proposals for HVAC and electrical projects that are submitted to potential customers.
- Compose bid letters to generate new business.
- Conduct company meetings to inform staff about issues such as new employee benefits.
- Write memos and answer incoming calls.
Peachtree, Excel, Lotus, and One Write Plus
Scanner, Digital Camera
Chamber of Commerce