Interview Thank You Letter Example
Here is an example of an effective job interview thank you letter you can use to help you develop a thank you letter after an interview.
If you have the interviewer’s email address, email your thank you letter to the interviewer.
Include your interview thank you letter text directly in the body of your email rather than as a Word attachment.
Be sure to send a thank you letter to each person you interviewed with at the organization.
Try to send your thank you letter the same day as the interview or the following day.
What to Include in Your Post Interview Thank You Letter
As you’re writing your thank you letter, be sure to incorporate the following:
- Keep your interview thank you letter to no more than one page
- Start by thanking the interviewer for meeting with you
- Express your interest in the position
- Identify your strongest selling points and reiterate them in your thank you letter
- Cover any key points you forgot to mention in the interview, but know would increase your chances of receiving a job offer
- Close by again thanking the interviewer for their time, expressing your interest in the position, and indicating you hope to hear from them soon
Your City, State, Zip Code
Your Home Phone Number
Your Work Phone Number
Your E-mail Address
City, State, Zip Code
Dear Mr./Ms. Last Name:
Thanks for meeting with me today to discuss the product manager position. Based on what you described, the position is suited to my skills and experience. I am very interested in the opportunity.
As I mentioned during our discussions, I have extensive experience developing and implementing product launch plans for technology-based products. I believe this experience could be utilized by your organization to meet your goal of launching five new products during the next fiscal year.
My experience marketing products using various sales channels including direct sales forces, manufacturer’s representatives, and distributors would be an asset to your company as you strive to add a new distribution network. I failed to mention during our meeting that I have led teams in the development of collateral material provided to distributors to support their sales efforts.
I appreciate the time you took to meet with me to discuss the product manager position. I am very interested in working for you and look forward to hearing from you soon.
Your Typed Name