Pharmaceutical Sales Resume Example
Here’s a sample resume example of a pharmaceutical sales resume.
This sample resume example is provided courtesy of Quest Outplacement, an outplacement company that supports employers by providing outplacement services to their separating employees.
Pharmaceutical Sales Resume Writing Tips
- As you write your pharmaceutical sales resume, be sure it includes keywords relevant to this type of position
- To develop a keyword list, review two or three pharmaceutical sales resume job postings for that interest you
- Identify keywords that appear in these job postings to develop your keyword list
- Most employers use software applications that allow them to automatically search for resumes using a keyword matching feature
- To score well with these automated resume screening tools used by most employers, incorporate your keyword list into your pharmaceutical sales resume bullets
123 Abbott Avenue
Any City, Any State 12345
To obtain a pharmaceutical sales position that utilizes my experience in operations and program management, process improvements and implementation, and client relations.
Experienced and goal-oriented medical professional with a track record of consistently meeting and exceeding established goals and objectives related to management, training and education, and client relations. Skilled in building long-term relationships with all levels of hospital staff and pharmaceutical and medical equipment representatives. Achieved significant results related to promoting organizational growth and staff development, securing necessary industry-related designations, and increasing overall patient volume. Motivated and ambitious with excellent interpersonal communication, relationship management, and presentation skills.
University of ABC
Master of Science in Nursing, Emphasis on Emergency/Trauma
University of ABC
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Professional Experience and Achievements
- Served as liaison between company and peer organizations, communicating various issues and troubleshooting and resolving problems.
- Supported development and implementation of quality improvement functions, ensuring compliance with strict state regulations regarding pediatric emergency care.
- Assessed patient needs related to equipment and referred findings to board for purchasing approval.
- Partnered with Quality Improvement department staff and hospital management to prepare for JCAHO onsite visit, properly interpret standards, and create improvement plans.
- Managed multidisciplinary task force overseeing development and implementation of new procedures and medical devices to significantly reduce needlestick injuries.
Staff and Training Development
- Coordinated various training issues to promote ongoing professional development and goal setting for staff. Developed innovative curriculum for Vanderbilt’s Pediatric Emergency Medicine Seminar and served as guest lecturer.
- Designed training content for hospital-wide implementation of restraint application, ensuring strict compliance with JCAHO requirements and proper product application. Applied content through training sessions and presentations for over 1,000 staff members.
- Created program to recognize, motivate, and ensure retention of nurses with specific and demonstrated clinical expertise.
- Analyzed, revised, and facilitated medical center orientation program for newly hired staff members.
Provided key support for successful conflict resolution, training and content development, and meeting coordination.
Program Design and Administration
- Collaborated with physicians and nurses on development, evaluation, and implementation of nationally-recognized programs and related strategies and visions.
- Conducted presentations on utilization of various equipment use, pediatric emergency medicine, and emergency nursing for hospital administrators, physicians, nurses, EMS, and nursing students.
- Led Steering Committee on Conscious Sedation composed of physicians, hospital administrators, and nurses to develop curriculum and content for educational series.
- Created tools and coordinated related presentations, discussions, and meetings with hospital administration, department chairs, and medical boards.
- Successfully achieved designation for Level 1 Trauma Center and oversaw administrative, financial, and staff-related functions.
- Developed and implemented non-urgent section (Fast-Track) managed by Nurse Practitioners and Pediatric Emergency Department staffed by pediatric emergency care providers.
- Achieved significant increases in patient volumes.Initiated ENA chapter and served as President for 3 years.
- Recognized as Emergency Nurse of the Year for Any State.
Staff Nurse, Pediatric and Adult Emergency Departments, July 2003 – Present
XYZ Hospital, Any City, Any StateStaff Nurse, Emergency Department, July 2003 – Present
123 Hospital, Any City, Any StateStaff Nurse, Pediatric and Adult Emergency Departments, May 1999 – May 2003
ABC University Medical Center, Any City, Any StateCoordinator, Comprehensive Regional Pediatric Center, March 2001 – December 2002
456 Children’s Hospital, Any City, Any StateTraining Consultant, The Learning Center, August 1997 – November 1998
ABC University Medical Center, Any City, Any StateProject Coordinator, Patient Care Services, January 1997 – July 1997
ABC University Medical Center, Any City, Any StateAdministrative Director, Emergency Department, November 1988 – October 1996
ABC University Medical Center, Any City, Any State
Supervisor, Emergency Department, March 1986 – October 1988
University of 123 Medical Center, Any City, Any State
Instructor, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, 2002 – Present
Provider, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, 1985 – Present
Provider, Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course, February 2000 – Present
Provider, Trauma Nursing Core Course, 1987 – Present
Provider, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, August 2000 -Present
Committee member, ENA Foundation Scientific Review Panel,
Emergency Nurses Association, January 1996 – December 1997Committee member, Standing Committee and Education,
Emergency Nurses Association, January 1990 – December 1992
Member, Emergency Nurses Association, January 1983 – Present