Print Buyer Resume Example
Here’s a print buyer resume or printing estimator resume example. This sample resume example is provided courtesy of Quest, an outplacement company that supports organizations in provides outplacement services to their exiting employees.
As you develop your print buyer resume, be sure it includes keywords relevant to the type of position you are targeting. To develop a keyword list, review two or three job postings for positions that interest you. Identify keywords that appear in these job postings to develop your keyword list.
Most employers use software applications that allow them to automatically search for resumes using a keyword matching feature. To help you do well with these automated initial screening tools used by most employers, incorporate your keyword list into your print buyer resume bullets.
Print Buyer Resume:
1234 Street · City, State 12345
Home: 123-456-7890 · Work: 456-789-1011
To obtain a position as a Print Buyer that utilizes my print production experience, my experience specifying and purchasing printing in support of internal customers, and my printing industry experience working with external customers to meet their needs.
ACME Printing, City, State, 1991 – Present.
An 8-color, 40-inch, sheet-fed offset printer serving nationally known advertising agencies such as ABC and XYZ as well as Fortune 500 companies including 123 Company and 456 Publishing.
- Support 13 sales representatives by estimating costs for pre-press, sheet-fed offset litho printing, UV printing with paper and plastic substrates, finishing, kitting, fulfillment, paper, ink and material for jobs ranging from 1-color to 8-colors, working exclusively with the company’s top revenue generating sales representative.
- Multitask and efficiently manage time to produce 125 estimates per week, the most of any estimator on staff.
- Clarify job specifications and requirements, respond to client questions, create mockups for clients to demonstrate concepts, and provide input on cost-saving alternate approaches to printing projects.
- Write production work orders for jobs, including detailing production process to be used by pre-press, production, and finishing departments and create mockups, if needed.
- Determine appropriate layout for awarded projects to produce quality results while minimizing labor, paper, and ink costs.
- Develop specifications for all purchased material and outside labor for each project, including screen printing.
- Respond to questions from outside vendors, pre-press, production, and finishing as well as customer service.
- Utilize the Internet to source promotional materials such as buttons, binders, and point-of-sale materials for clients.
- Use Hagen software for job costing each printing project to accurately bill clients.
- Serve as acting Plant Manager in Plant Manager’s absence, scheduling all work for a 6-press, 24/7 operation.
- Act as Safety Coordinator, meeting with OSHA, the EPA, the Fire Department, and Shapco’s Environment Consultant to ensure the plant complies with all standards and codes.
1234 Printing, City, State, 1990 – 1991.
A 4-color sheet fed printer.
- Estimated pre-press, printing, bindery, and paper costs utilizing Covalent software in support of 6-8 sales representatives.
- Sourced paper, ink, and outside bindery vendors, identifying suppliers that could meet cost, schedule, and quality needs.
- Prepared printing orders to determine the production process best suited for each job.
- Monitored work going through production to ensure due dates were met.
- Maintained inventory of stock paper.
- ABC Communications, City, State, 1985 – 1990.
A communications company serving the Midwest.
- Supervised in-house printing operations in support of internal customers for all 5 divisions, interacting with Sales & Marketing and Promotions staff for each division.
- Advised in-house graphic artists on design parameters that took into consideration both equipment capabilities and budget objectives.
- Oversaw print production for all internally produced printing, including business cards, letterhead, media kits, and promotional pieces.
- Developed specifications for printing to be performed by outside printers.
- Selected outside printers, pre-press vendors, and embossing companies.
- Performed press checks and monitored work of outside vendors to ensure internal customer needs were met.
- Utilized Macintosh and Linotronic desktop publishing systems.
- Prepared cost estimates for printing, coordinated purchases of printing supplies, and maintained inventory of printing supplies as well as printed material needed by customers.
Education and Training
Area Vocational Technical Institute
Printing Trade Certificate
Coursework in Typesetting, Litho Prep, Printing, and Estimating
Coursework in Management