Purchasing Resume Example
Here is a purchasing or procurement resume example for you to use as a resume template when creating your resume.
As you develop your purchasing resume or procurement resume, be sure it includes keywords relevant to the type of position you are targeting.
To develop a keyword list, review two or three job postings for positions that interest you.
Identify keywords that appear in these job postings to develop your keyword list.
For a purchasing resume or procurement resume possible keywords to include are:
- Inventory control
- Vendor qualification process
- ERP or MRP system
- Bill of materials
Sample Resume Example
Purchasing Resume or Procurement Resume:
Any City, Any State 12345
Home: 123-555-6666 Cell: 123-555-8888
To obtain a position as a procurement specialist or materials coordinator that utilizes my purchasing experience in the construction industry as well as my knowledge of manufacturing operations.
Experienced procurement professional skilled in managing material and equipment needs for $6-8 million dollar construction projects, controlling inventory, overseeing operation of distribution centers, and maintaining and scheduling a fleet of construction vehicles. Proven ability to manage staff, develop and oversee operating budgets, and communicate with other departments, vendors, and executive management to ensure procurement goals are met. Experience with sourcing suppliers for purchased goods with an annual value of $20 million, negotiating contracts including blanket agreements and bulk commodity pricing agreements, and conducting production planning. Possess knowledge of manufacturing operations gained while performing plant surveys at manufacturing facilities to recommend ways to improve operations.
ABC Company, Construction Division, Any City, Any State, 1999 – 6/04.
- Responsible for all material and equipment needs for the Division’s Any City-area construction projects including managing purchasing, controlling inventory, overseeing operation of the Southwest Region Distribution Center, and maintaining and scheduling a $8 million fleet of construction vehicles and aerial equipment.
- Managed a staff of 30 and assumed responsibility for developing an annual operating budget of $3.6 million excluding materials.
- Conducted production planning and budgeting for all for Any City-area construction projects, projects averaging $6-8 million.
- Sourced and negotiated pricing for 600 items with an annual purchased value of $20 million including establishing blanket purchase agreements and bulk commodity pricing agreements.
- Developed strategic suppliers and negotiated contract agreements to reduce the number of vendors from 150+ to a group of 65 core partners resulting in cost savings due to reduced administrative costs as well as quantity price breaks.
- Interacted with all departments in the Construction Division, the President of the Construction Division, Regional Managers, and the main office in Other City.
- Provided assistance to project staff at the Division’s other locations in the areas material sourcing, technical support and vendor relations.
- Reduced new equipment purchases by 38% by managing all assets of the Southwest Region Distribution Center and better coordinating equipment needs for construction projects taking place throughout the country.
- Reduced fleet costs by 18% by establishing preferred vendors, improving tracking and scheduling processes, and implementing a maintenance log.
XYZ, Inc., Any City, Any State, 1997 – 1999.
Professional Account Manager
- Generated $2 million in annual sales for this industrial distributor of equipment and components such as ball bearings, motors, gears, sprockets, belts, transmissions and linear motion technology for use in manufacturing facilities, production warehouses, and food distribution.
- Promoted from Management Trainee to Professional Account Manager in less than 1 year.
- Conducted plant surveys to analyze production flow and profitability levels, met with decision makers such as company presidents and purchasing managers, recommended systems to reduce overhead and streamline production, and negotiated profitable contract agreements.
- Tasked with a business development role of prospecting for new clients.
Fitness Center, Any City, Any State, 1992 – 1997.
- Managed and coordinated operations and maintenance of the facility.
- Hired and trained new employees, supervised staff, and maintained staffing schedules.
City College, Any City, Any State, 1997
Bachelor of Science in Business Economics
PeopleSoft, Word, Excel, Access, Works, WordPerfect