Sample Press Release
Here is a press release example and some tips for you to use when writing your press release. We’ve also includes a list of press release distribution services to help you get your press release in the hands of your target media.
Press Release Distribution Services
Send2Press™ Professional and affordable press release distribution services including placement on Yahoo!, CNET, Hoovers, Morningstar.com, CBS Marketwatch, and many others.
eReleases.com Press Release Services – Affordable press release distribution to opt-in journalists, targeting specific industries. Features tips on press release writing as well as media & research resources.
PressBlaster PressBlaster is a Windows program that allows you to send your own press releases directly to the media. The program includes a database of over 27000 editors and press affiliates. Complete contact information is built right into the program, including the editors name, address, phone, fax, and email address.
Press Release Tips
- Submit your press release on your letterhead to convey a professional image.
- Title your press release with the words “News Release” or “Press Release.”
- Next, include the words “FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE” to let the editor know the information in your release is available for immediate publication (unless you are promoting a time-sensitive event, then indicate the desired release date).
- Develop a compelling title for your press release that grabs the reader’s attention.
Double space the text of the press release if mailing or faxing it, single space if submitting it electronically.
- Limit your press release to 1-2 double-spaced pages.
- Use quotes from company staff, partners, or customers in your press release to increase it’s readability and credibility.
- Indicate that there is a second page to the press release by typing more.
- Start the second page of your press release with a header containing the title of your press release and the words “Page 2.”
- Include complete contact information (contact name, company name, company address, contact e-mail, contact telephone, contact fax, and company URL) at the bottom of your press release so that the media can reach you if they need additional information.
- Conclude your press release with ###, the convention used to let the reader know they have reached the end of your press release.
- Identify the appropriate editors to submit your press release to by name, if at all possible.
- Submit your press release to your media list and generate free publicity for your organization!
Copyright © 2003 Quest. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of these press release tips is prohibited without the consent of Quest.